You know how they say too much of a good thing can be bad for you, well I’ve not found that to be so with ‘Authentic Mat Pilates.’ As a member of the best fitness/ lifestyle club, EQUINOX, the ‘I’m a Regular’ award was given to me at the end of 2019 for my dedication to this practice of endless health benefits. Have you ever felt tangled? …Having things to do while feeling mentally and physically stagnant? I’ve found Pilates to be like a magical pill; while totally being against medication over meditation 😉
The health benefits of Pilates include:
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.
Coincidentally, I just got out of a Pilates class before being inspired to ‘share the wealth’ before tackling this beautiful Sunday’s to-do list!
En bonne santé,
Have a healthy day, week, month, year… & life !!